Veterinary Wellness Exams in High Point
Caring for Your Pet’s Well-Being with Regular Veterinary Checkups
High Point Animal Hospital can perform your pet’s yearly physical examinations. We serve clients from High Point and its surrounding areas. Wellness appointments are vital to help your pet maintain their health. These visits allow us to catch early symptoms so we can provide timely treatment to your pet and minimize future complications.
If this is your first visit with us, we invite you to bring any medical records you have about your pet. Our clinic is open Monday through Friday, from 7.30 am to 5.30 pm, and on Saturday until 1 pm.
What Happens During a Veterinary Wellness Exam?
Yearly physical examinations are important to keep your pet healthy and enjoy a long life. If you have any questions about your pet’s well-being or have noticed any change in your pet’s behavior, we can discuss them at the beginning of your visit. Our staff members may also ask questions about their diet, activity levels, and other lifestyle aspects.
You can expect the following during your pet’s physical checkup:
- Weighing your pet and checking their temperature
- Checking how they stand and walk
- Examining their skin, coat, and nails
- Listening to their heart and lungs
- Examining their eyes, ears, and teeth
- Palpating their body for any swelling, reduced range of motion, and other signs of pain
- Palpating their abdomen to check for signs of discomfort due to internal organ concerns
If your pet is due for some of their vaccinations or requires an immunization plan, we can take care of that during their appointment. We can also address necessary dental care during their wellness checkup.
Common Health Screenings for Pets
If you have recently adopted a new pet, we usually recommend the following:
- Feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) and feline leukemia virus (FeLV) for cats
- Heartworm testing for cats
- Fecal testing for internal parasites for cats and dogs
- Screening blood tests for older cats and dogs
Once your pet is part of your family, we determine what test can help us monitor their health based on their age, lifestyle, and any medical conditions they may have. We can also require certain tests like a complete blood count before surgery or x-rays if they are injured or need dental care.
High Point Animal Hospital can perform your pet’s yearly examinations. Contact us today at (336) 827-9229 to learn more about preventative care!
“I had a very sick kitten and I could not have found a better veterinarian!! The whole office was great and very kind and understanding about my situation! I would recommend this veterinary hospital to anyone with a pet!”- Carrie W.
“Wonderful vet. Very well run organization”- Cecil S.
“Wonderful customer service, best pet assistance I ever had, super compatible service fees. strongly recommend.”- Valentina G.